Senior leadership of the nation’s top publishers and distributors of hands-on science materials and curricula approached our team to form a coalition of hands-on science education publishers. Although competitors, the individual companies recognized the need to approach business environment challengees collaboratively in order to succeed. The immediate impetus to form the association was driven by the objective to expand market opportunities in states such as California, Texas, Florida and North Carolina where materials-based curriculum companies were actively discouraged from selling hands-on products due to “text-book-only” provisions in bidding contracts.
We conducted research to create this coalition including:
- Identifying thought leaders and key stakeholders
- Writing and distributing a concept paper for the proposed association
- Conducting one-on-one interviews
- Securing the input of professionals to contribute to the dialogue (e.g., lobbyist lawyers specializing in the formation of trade associations)
- Implementing a high-level round table meeting held at the National Science Teachers Association
- Conducting and publishing a “needs-assessment” for the industry
- Trade (lobbying) association 501 (c) 6 formation
- Brand development – name, logo, tagline, messaging, stationery
- Audience identification and outreach
- Marketing communications materials
- Website strategy, architecture, design, and content
- National Association Meeting strategy and materials
- Direct marketing – electronic and direct mail, events and other programming to target specific audiences
Pat and her team positioned the HandsOn Science Partnership as the most important advocacy partnership for hands-on teaching and learning in the United States whose mission is to advance student achievement in science through hands-on curriculum and materials.
Tag Line: Experience. Learn. Achieve
Working with Fassino/Design, Pat and her team guided the executive team through the process of creating the new visual identity system.
With the brand identity finalized, the team designed the HOSP website and collateral materials. We also wrote branded web content optimized for search engine traffic.